The Good, The Bad, and The I’m Not Ugly Because I Buy My Body Weight in Products
Uh, super-awkward but: I didn’t mean for the title of that last post to sound like a damn suicide note. This is what happens when a Monty Python joke seems funny in your own head but doesn’t really translate. I just meant that this blog isn’t dead! I’m most definitely not dead! Everything’s cool!
- We’re headed to New York in two weeks and HOLY SHIT am I one excited little lady. I’m tagging along while Ed attends a conference for two days and then we have another two and a half days to ourselves to play. I figure that my two days essentially on my own will be focused on Shit Ed’s Not Particularly Interested In (aka wander around the Anthropologie in SoHo and try on ALL THE THINGS), but if anyone has any suggestions for fun solo activities, things to do, places to eat/day drink, or wants to come hang out with me, let me know.
- I think it speaks to our collective nerdiness and inner fat kids that we are planning our days based on where to eat and which museums to visit. Top o’ the list: Natural History Museum. Fuck yeah, dinosaurs!
- At Easter Bubba informed me, and I quote, “Your dance moves are bad, but you are a good sister.” He is so over my Hammer dancing. It breaks my heart a little, but I’m glad he’s developing his own taste.
- Work continues to break my spirit and I’m embarrassed at how much I’ve allowed that place to dictate my moods and self-worth. Not cool.
- Aforementioned horrid cycle o’ crazy and general malaise.
- My allergies have me in a state of wheezing, sneezing, and keeping wads of tissues tucked into my sweater pockets like the complete sexpot that I am. Ugh.
The I’m Not Ugly Because I Buy My Body Weight in Products:
- Posietint+ Sugarbomb = I am a glowing goddess but without looking all overdone and Kardashianesque.
- Fakeup is the best concealer I’ve used in ages. Look, I tried to go all Drugstore Dupe Diva but fuck that shit. I’m shelling out for the good shit and looking hella well-rested doing it. Recognize.
- We are huge fans of “your mom” jokes (it’s The Algonquin Round Table up in here) so I giggled when I saw that there was a hair product called Not Your Mother’s with an entire line of curly-haired goodies. I had always been a devoted Bumble+bumble fan, but this stuff is a fraction of the price and smells nice and MAKES MY HAIR LOOK PRETTY AND NOT LIKE I’M PHIL SPECTOR’S SECRET KID. Sold! Love the Kinky Moves and Beach Babe spray.