The power suddenly goes out in the house. I deal with this by:
- Staring blankly at the dog.
- Asking the dog to please remain calm.
- Retrieving the mail and finding out the power is out on our whole street not just our house.
- Calling PG&E and panicking when the recording informs me the power may not be back for another 3 hours.
- Mentally preparing myself to eat an entire tray of lasagna in our refrigerator.
- Preparing a speech to Ed about how I had to eat the lasagna to keep him from having to throw away what he spent so much time preparing.
- Lying down to take a nap because if I’m going to eat all this food, I’m going to need some rest.
- Bolting straight upright when the power suddenly comes back on within 30 minutes and every appliance and the alarm starts beeping.
- Feeling a sense of relief mixed with just slight disappointment that I don’t have to eat the whole tray of lasagna.