It has been so very hot here for what feels like an eternity. This delicate flower, however, refuses to wilt in a pile of despair. Some small, yet meaningful, things that bring a smile to my face when it would be easy to be snippy and whiny:
- The sincere “Thank you” and smile from a young woman where I volunteer on Friday mornings reminds me that while standing outside in the heat isn’t always fun, it is appreciated.
- Dancing up a sweat to 80’s music on a Saturday night.
- Wine, snacks and movies on a lazy Sunday.
- The student worker who took my lunch order and did not call me high maintenance over my tomato weirdness.
- DJ Kool, House of Pain and Beastie Boys: sometimes you need the right soundtrack to psych yourself up for a busy week ahead.
Hope you’re keeping cool like The Fonz, my friends.