Yeah, I know I said I wouldn’t turn this into a wedding planning blog but I just need to toot my own horn here. As you may remember, I have been engaged for almost a week. In that time I have managed to
- Book the ceremony/reception venue (all one place BOOYA)
- Book the caterer (OK, comes with the venue but STILL)
- Book blocks of hotel rooms for our beloved out-of-towners
- Schedule cake tastings. Yes, plural. I want to be thorough. Don’t judge.
- Set up a website with pertinent info
- Find an invitation style we both like
- Pawn off Delegate the bridesmaid dress project to my two hottie maids of honor
- Try to make a phone call using the TV remote. Shut up – I was distracted since Major League was on and Cerrano was up at bat and oh my hell I love that movie.
Maybe I’m not that impressive but whatever. I feel like we’ve accomplished a lot in a short amount of time. So, take THAT, haters who said that planning a wedding in six months is impossible and that “all the good vendors are booked a year or two in advance.” Maybe I have low expectations or am just flat-out clueless, but I have been pretty darn pleased thus far and haven’t had to compromise a thing.
A lot of friends keep telling me that planning a wedding is hell and so awful but I find that keeping a bottle of wine nearby has really made it a pleasant experience.
UPDATE: My gorgeous girls, Lili and Kelly, have ordered their dresses! I feel like telling the multiple, taunting emails I receive from TheKnot.com each day to SUCK IT!