Summer is here, bitches. Like, HERE WITH A FUCKING VENGEANCE. I feel like Spring flew past us so fast. What happened to that time where having dinner or drinks on the patio is enjoyable? Hell…possible? I guess we missed those couple of days. Anyway, here’s what’s up as we say goodbye to this week.
- I bought my shoes and underthings (of the decidedly unsexy, but highly functional, variety) so I will be neither barefoot nor commando at my own wedding. I cannot tell you what a huge relief it is to have my outfit all figured out. I tried my dress on again and it still fits, which is a huge relief. I swear on a case of Summerfest I’ll up the water intake and maybe switch to lite beer.
- I also bought some new tank tops, a skirt (on clearance, HOLLA) and sundress so that when my dead, dehydrated body is found I’ll look cute. Yay me?
- We’re headed out of town again and I followed my usual shove-everything-in-the-suitcase method since it worked so well last time. I have gieven up on trying to be efficient or pack light and am embracing my natural state of spazzosity and bringing more than I need unless I just randomly decide to do midday costume changes.
- I’m also packing a shit-ton of make-up and products since we’re visiting Ed’s sister and nieces to celebrate the baby’s 13th birthday. She is now allowed to wear make-up so Aunt Christen is coming through with the goods. The plan is to drink margaritas (just the adults, I mean) and teach her how to apply eyeshadow. I might be doing these things simultaneously. Seems like a bulletproof plan to me.
- Finally saw Toy Story 3 and loved it. At first the 3-D stuff was a little distracting and freaky for easily-startled CKD but then I got into it and THEN I almost lost my shit in a panic that THE TOYS WERE GOING TO DIE and then I was so relieved that the toys didn’t die (sorry if I ruined that for you) that I wasn’t all weepy like every other person on the planet said I would be. I might be a robot. But seriously you guys, the toys were in serious peril and I had barely come down from that and then Pixar throws another heartbreaking scene at you… Jesus Christ, I think I need a Xanax just reliving it.
Have a lovely weekend, Interweb. Stay cool like Fonzie.