Another set of random bullet points since nothing I have to say could constitute an entire post. You’re welcome.
- Who has two thumbs, speaks limited French, AND had a kick-ass 30-day review at work? THIS MOI. They love me, have high hopes for me, and there’s room to grow. The pay isn’t the greatest, but for around here it works. Happy times!
- Friday night we had dinner in a neighboring town at this random awesome restaurant. Ed knows the bar manager from high school, and it was basically a mini reunion. Hanging out with Ed and his schoolmates always makes me feel like I’m in the movie Footloose. A bunch of small town kids talking about “that time we were riding a tractor downtown and the cops gave us a warning” – I mean come on. I couldn’t make this shit up if I tried.
- We left the restaurant for a dive bar a few doors down and my sister-in-law’s boyfriend put on my coat Tommy Boy-style so I have officially declared him a keeper. Only the best for my family, yo.
- Also? Knowing the bar manager = free drinks all night = my wine glass was never empty = I didn’t get out of bed until 5pm the next day.
- Ed is in New Orleans for a conference. Coincidentally it’s Mardi Gras. It is taking everything in me not to comment “Looks like fun! I’m off to unload the dishwasher” on the photos he’s been posting of the parades.
- Today I made a series of rational, adult decisions – some big, some small. And then I blew it all to hell by seeing Black Swan by myself. May I remind you that I am the woman who freaked the fuck out over Toy Story 3, so just imagine how jumpy I’ve been since being alone in my house. Ed told me I should have waited until he got home to see it, but I don’t know how that would help. I can’t…unsee…the things that happened in that movie. I am also irrationally annoyed that Natalie Portman won so many awards for that part. She was breathy, weepy, and skinny with a side of crazy eyes. Basically, she was every contestant on The Bachelor. Hey-oh!
- Speaking of the Oscars: best thing I read about Corey Haim being left out of the Academy Award Dead People Montage: “You can’t pretend License to Drive never happened!” Heh.
Sooo…any tips on how to combat a case of the Freak-Outs Over Normal Household Noises? Aside from staying with my parents?