It’s Monday! My brain cannot organize itself into a coherent post so you get mini-updates, you lucky dog!
- We saw Willie Nelson in concert the other night, which was as fantastic as you’d imagine. It was my second time seeing him, and Ed’s first and we kept leaning over to each other saying things like, “My dad used to sing this to me!” which is oddly comforting. I felt sort of bad for the parents in front of us who had to take turns walking around with their fidgety toddler, but then I realized that it was almost idiotically optimistic of them to think the kid would just chill on someone’s lap for two hours straight. Anyway, he is an amazing performer who is the anti-Lady Gaga. No dramatics, crazy lights, stylized set or anything. Just him, three back-up musicians who are also amazing, and his music. Highly recommend.
- I am in desperate need of a hair style/color intervention ASAP. I liked the cut about three appointments ago, but cannot seem to get my stylist to replicate it. As for color I feel like fall/winter=darker, but is that expected? Help me, Internet! I’m sort of loving this. The shape is nice but it’s not too short and it obviously would work with waves. Thoughts?
- Sunday was the annual Taste of Chico, which basically brings every restaurant (and winery/brewery) to downtown to sample great food and walk around and bump into everyone you know. Despite not paying for The Cantina (aka Drunk Tent) I found myself declaring “CHICO I AM TASTING YOOOOUUUUU!!!!” very loudly. You cannot take me anywhere, as Ed will attest.
- My legs and feet are COVERED in horrible mosquito bites. They don’t just itch: they hurt. Wake-you-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night HURT. Look, I want to be an outdoorsy type but between the turkeys and now mosquitoes actively trying to kill me I think it’s time to face the fact that nature has it in for me. And by “nature” I mean “my backyard.”
- So, I guess it’s football season or something now? The things I like about football season are as follows: sitting on the couch drinking beer, having chili in the crockpot, and…well, that’s about it. Wake me when pitchers and catchers report to camp.