Wow, I was a pretty big NaBloPoMo FAIL, wasn’t I? Well, it’s a new month. *Claps hands together* Let’s get reacquainted!
- My cryotherapy appointment went off without a hitch. The whole thing was 10 minutes from beginning to end. And while I wouldn’t say it was fun, it wasn’t as bad as I had built it up in my crazybrain. I head back to the doctor in January for a follow-up, where we will discuss the Uterus Lockdown and see where we are with that. I don’t know if it’s the fact that I can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a pregnant woman, my boss’ adorable, sweet-smelling infant, or the idea that the option could be off the table for me altogether, but guess who has a case of Baby Fever (Or at least Baby Minor Headcold)?
- Thanksgiving feels like a billion years ago, but here’s a quick rundown: it was loud, booze-fueled, delicious (more than one person declared it The Best Thanksgiving Meal Ever FUCK YEAH IT WAS), and my tablescape was simple but pretty. New chargers were purchased! We dined by candlelight! I think I maybe got a picture of it on Ed’s iPhone, but considering that I had been sucking down mimosas like it’s my job* who knows! Even the “kids” table (Ed, me, his sister, and her boyfriend) looked great.
- Ed and I took Bubba to see The Muppet Movie and thank Jeebus the kid enjoyed it. Sometimes I worry that all of the fast-paced, loud, explosiony stuff he sees in cartoons is ruining him for simple song-and-dance stuff, but he smiled a lot and told my parents they should see it, too. One of the big plot points is that Jason Segel and a muppet are brothers and at one point Bubba leaned over to me and said, “That’s…weird, right?” Nothing gets past him! Also? Kid, it’s not that much weirder than the 28 year age difference between us. Just sayin.’
- Because hosting a major family holiday wasn’t enough, Ed and I threw our annual cocktail party last weekend. One of our guests asked if he could hire us to cater an event. I’m pretty sure he was joking, but between my love of making things pretty and Ed’s mad kitchen skillz this could be a Thing. Something to ponder in the new year? Ed stole a light-up drink fountain in the white elephant gift exchange, so expect the Classiness Factor of all our events to increase a jabillion fold from now on. Seriously, we are taking this thing to every function we attend so that it can always feel like a wedding reception in 1987.
- I talked to David Sedaris before his reading and had to actively remind myself NOT to freak out like a big fat stalker and ask about his family members by name, even though he can’t really blame me since HE is the one who writes about them. Still, it was a huge thrill and I laughed so hard I almost choked. I also got inexplicably overheated and out of breath and thought I might pass out, but luckily I recovered before I became That Asshole Who Ruined David Sedaris for Chico by Calling 911 or Fainting in the Aisle.
Hope December is off to a festive, rocking start for all of you!
*Can we make that my job? Because I am certain I’d be great at it.